**What our students learn**
Technology is an ever-changing field, and our commitment is to ensure that our students continue to make strides learning with technology in a safe, teacher-directed environment here at Dr. William Burrus Elementary. Our technology inventory includes:
- Two iPads and two desktop computers per classroom
- 15 desktop computers and 5 iPads in the library
- A main classroom computer lab containing 26 desktop computers and a classroom printer
- A secondary lab containing 21 desktop computers, 3 Chromebooks, and a classroom printer
- A mobile iPad cart with 25 iPads available for classroom checkout
- A mobile laptop cart with 25 Lenovo Thinkpad laptops available for classroom checkout
*The WBE PTO fully funds a computer/STEM instructor for all of our K-5 students.
Classroom lab learning activities center around these main areas:
- Keyboarding/ Google Classroom
- Cyber Safety/Digital Citizenship
- STEM-integrated activities
- Technology/Computer Basics
- iPad enrichment
- An introduction to Computer Science/Coding Skills
- Word processing/Spreadsheet design/Slide presentations
One week we may take virtual field trips with Google Earth, the next week students may compete with keyboarding challenges, and another week students may learn how to code, using Code.org and Scratch Jr. Regardless of the lesson, students learn in a lab environment that celebrates creativity and innovation.
Our students are lab leaders. They work on collaborative technology lessons, they are responsible users of our equipment, and they make valuable contributions in class. Ultimately, our WBE students are learning the skills that will enable them to succeed in our connected world.
Technology Instructor: Mrs. Alison Rexroat
(click on e-mail address above to send Mrs. Rexroat. an email)